These are usually on the 2nd Sunday of the month from 12-3pm in March, June, September, and December across the Commonwealth of Virginia. We meet in members homes and start with a potluck lunch. Everyone is invited to bring a dish to share. ( Board members are available to come and speak to groups interested in finding out more about VICFA.)
Our next meeting will be the Annual Membership Meeting:
Sunday June 9, 12noon to 3pm at Polyface Farm, Swoope, home of the Salatin family.
Come and join us for this important meeting with elections, planning for the 2020 Virginia Legislative Session and more. What is important to you? Thoughts, ideas and enthusiasm welcome!
Driving Directions to the Farm
Use this address 43 Pure Meadows Lane, Swoope, Virginia 24479 for GPS.
Directions from Interstate 81
- From I-81 take Exit 220 (puts you on 262).
- Take Middlebrook Ave/252 exit. Follow this to stop sign.
- Turn LEFT onto Middlebrook Road (252).
- Turn RIGHT onto Cedar Green Road (693).
- Turn LEFT onto Hebron Road (703). Go about a mile, you will see a brick church on your right.
- Turn LEFT onto Edson Creek Road (708). Go ½ mile.
- Turn RIGHT onto Glebe School Road (708); (this appears to be a Y, stay right). Stay right at 2nd Y. Go about 4 miles in total.
- Turn RIGHT onto Trimbles Mill Road (707). Go ¼ mile to first left.
- Turn LEFT onto Shuey Road (713), a gravel road. Follow for exactly 1 mile.
- Turn RIGHT at Polyface Farm sign (Pure Meadows Lane) and staff will direct you to parking.
March 10, 2019: Beaverdam, VA
The March meeting was hosted at the home of the Verbeeck family and the potluck was the most amazing selection of delicious homemade foods! Thank you for hosting! The 2019 General Assembly session was reviewed and discussed, as well as the upcoming VICFA workshop at the HEAV (Homeschool Educators of Virginia) Convention in June, the Annual Membership Meeting, and other business.
December 8, 2018 in Afton, Nelson County, VA.
The meeting was moved to the Saturday due to the threat of snow! The Board Members met at Rockfish Valley Community Center to tour the facility where we will be having the October 13, 2019 Fundraiser with Joel Salatin as our keynote speaker! Lunch was eaten, business was taken care of and we got home before the snow arrived.
September 9, 2018 in beautiful Southwest Virginia:
The meeting was hosted by the McIntyre family at “Goshen Homestead”, Honaker, VA. Attendees were treated to tours of the new micro dairy he has been developing, and lots of good homemade food. Thank you! We discussed the upcoming legislative session, fundraising activities and more. https://www.goshenhomestead.com