Virginia Independent Consumers and Farmers Association
VICFA operates on donations from citizens who really care about food freedom and making change happen.
VICFA members and supporters are so important, and working together we accomplish a lot.
Ourselves, our children and future generations deserve access to a more healthful and bounteous sustainable food supply than exists at the moment.
What You Can Do:
1. Make connections with your legislators and build relationships, so they are more likely to introduce legislation if you ask. They need to be reminded that they are elected by “the people” and can also be unelected, but in a nice way of course!
2. Come to the General Assembly, Richmond when bills come before the sub committees. This is when the room needs to be full of engaged citizens, showing their support or opposition.
3. Sign up for ACTION ALERTs, and open them when the email comes into your inbox so you can make the phone calls requested. These are essential actions, and only take a few minutes. You do not have to have a long chat, just register you support or opposition.
4. Join VICFA and come to meetings if you can.
5. Host a VICFA “Meet and Greet” in your neighborhood, and invite friends to come and find out about VICFA. Board members are willing to travel!
6. Spend your food dollars consciously, and take a step towards a local sustainable food system by supporting local farms and food producers
7. Most important is to JOIN VICFA or make a donation and sign up for our Action Alert list. You do not have to come to meetings or “do stuff” if you join, but if you DO join us we can say we are representing a larger number of citizens than otherwise.
8. Renew your membership, or make a $250 donation for a lifetime membership, and never have to think of renewing again!
We look forward to meeting you!